The Magic Circle Data Retention Policy
1. What data do we collect and hold?
We collect and store the following data from Members, Apprentices and applicants:
- Membership ID
- Telephone numbers
- Date of Birth
- Profile photograph (if supplied)
- Web address – for Find A Magician subscribers (FAM) Social media handles (FAM)
- Video clip(s) (FAM)
- Magical interests
- Date of application
- Date of interview
- Date of examination
- Proposer and Seconder
- Examination result(s)
- Degree held and date of promotion(s)
- Payment records
- Donation history to any of TMC’s funds
2. The legal basis under which it is held
We are holding your data under the legal basis of Legitimate interest, so that we can:
- maintain your membership
- ensure that we have accurate membership records
3. How long data is retained
- While you are a member or apprentice we will retain information necessary to maintain your membership or apprenticeship.
- While you are in the application process we will retain the information necessary to process your application.
- If you apply and fail we will keep sufficient information to enable us to identify you if you apply again.
- If you cease to be a member we will keep sufficient information to enable us to identify you for historical queries.
4. Where and how data is stored
Membership data is stored on a secure clouded database. Annually (around renewals time) a back-up of the entire database is taken. This is held on the Membership Secretary’s Mac, on a USB drive and clouded on Dropbox. Members who die or resign are removed from the database and a backup archive of that information is kept by the Membership Secretary.
The Headquarters door system is connected to the main database. This takes its list of members from the main database, so the list of names is additionally held on the door system.
Some older data is in a locked filing cabinet in TMC HQ which can only be accessed by suitably authorised members.
Old exam/ membership records are held by the secretary under lock and key if they are physical records and on a secure DropBox account if they are electronic.
5. Who has access to the data and why?
The general public can search the membership list using the website to verify membership of individuals. You have the option to disable this access if you wish by updating your security preferences via your membership account on the website.
Members can search the membership list. Contact details are listed by default but you can disable this access if you wish by updating your security preferences via your membership account on the website.
The Membership Secretary, Secretary, Treasurer, Bookkeeper, Examinations Secretary and specified others have access to the back end of the database giving details of membership and payment status. This is so that they can fulfil their duties. The full list of those with access is determined and monitored by Council.
6. What information is shared with third parties involved in data processing or storage?
It is a condition of Membership or Apprenticeship that you agree that your data may be shared with our data processors. We have a contract with each data processor which guarantees that they will keep your data safe, only keep for as long as they need it and not share it any further.
The Magic Circular mailing list is mined once a month from the database after new members have been added and ex-members removed. This is done by 438Marketing and sent to Perfect Imaging, our mailing house.
At renewals time, a list of members is produced to create new cards and send them out. The cards are created by the Membership Secretary and mailed by Clive Hyams AIMC*.
GoCardless process Direct Debits on behalf of TMC and process the necessary data to do this.
7. Shows and Events
If you take part in a show or event as a performer, helper or technician for The Magic Circle, the organiser of the show will retain your name and contact information for the amount of time necessary to run the show or event.
Most of our public shows are run by The Magic Circle Foundation but no membership data is shared with this organisation, which is a registered charity. The Foundation has its own Data Protection Policy which covers the personal data of visitors to the shows.
If you take part in a competition as a performer, helper or technician run by The Magic Circle, the organiser of the competition will retain your name and contact information for the amount of time necessary to run the competition.
9. How to access, amend or delete your data
In the first instance, please log in to the members’ section of the website. Most of your information can be viewed and edited there. If there is information that cannot be changed via the members’ area, please email email@example.com with details of the changes that you would like or the information that you would like to access or delete.
10. If you wish to make a complaint
The Data Protection Advisor for The Magic Circle is Kevin Sheldrake. Please contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any concerns regarding your personal data and The Magic Circle.